2020: Omnichannel keynote
Transforming your brand into a trusted source
Mass media and our most cynical memes say we live in a post-fact era. Who can we trust—and how do our users invest their trust? Without addressing those challenges, marketing falls flat. Expert opinions are a thing of the past; we favor user reviews from “people like us” whether we’re planning a meal or prioritizing a newsfeed. But as our filter bubbles burst, consumers and citizens alike turn inward for the truth. By designing for empowerment, the smartest organizations meet them there.
Empower your audience to earn their trust. Presenting a new strategy for content and design that addresses empowerment, Margot will share examples from retail, publishing, government, and other industries to detail what you can do to meet unprecedented problems in information consumption. Learn how voice, volume, and vulnerability can inform your design and content strategy to earn the trust of your users, build their confidence, and strengthen your brand. Embracing a new strategy, your work can drive something even more important: hope.
What you’ll learn
- How does visual and verbal consistency help build rapport and break down silos?
- Can you design around cultural predisposition to deliver vital information?
- How do you determine the right level of detail in photography, diagrams, and copy?
- Can your brand find strength in vulnerability?
- How do you operationalize vulnerability through content types, imagery, and prototyping?